For more than 65 years, Southern California Permanente Medical Group has practiced ethical, evidence-based medicine — keeping our patients at the center, while also delivering high-quality care with compassion and heart.
We value ongoing learning, collaboration, and continuous improvement. Today, we provide care to more than 4.7 million Kaiser Permanente members — a membership that reflects the vibrant ethnic and cultural diversity of the region.
Many leading organizations consistently recognize the quality of our care:
- In 2019, the Integrated Healthcare Association recognized 6 Southern California Permanente Medical Group areas with its “Excellence in Healthcare” award, which recognizes physician organizations that achieve top marks on quality and patient experience measures while managing costs.
- For the past 12 years, Kaiser Permanente in California has earned the highest possible rating for clinical effectiveness in the annual Healthcare Quality Report Card from California’s Office of the Patient Advocate.
- Kaiser Permanente Southern California’s Medicare Plan has received a 5 out of 5 rating from the National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA) in its Medicare Health Insurance Plan Ratings for 5 consecutive years. For the past 2 years, Kaiser Permanente Southern California received the highest ratings in the region for both its commercial and Medicare plans from NCQA.
- For the past 9 years, our Medicare Plan, along with Kaiser Permanente Northern California, received the maximum 5-star rating from the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- In 2019, 15 of our Kaiser Permanente hospitals were rated as “high-performing” for at least one of 25 measures studied and 9 were ranked among the state’s “Best for Overall Care” in the annual U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospital survey.
Working with a community who truly appreciates your expertise is just one of the rewards of practicing with Southern California Permanente Medical Group (SCPMG). We also offer a benefits package that’s among the most generous in the industry. From competitive compensation and a comprehensive health care plan to full liability coverage, savings, and retirement plans, paid time off and more, we make sure you have everything you need to enjoy a rich, rewarding career with us.
Permanente Medicine means fulfilling the promise of medicine.
Through our unique approach to the entirety of health, we deliver the focused, personalized care that we would want for our loved ones and ourselves. Our team-based care lets us build healthier communities, patient by patient, person by person.
At our core, we celebrate the idea of “respect” and how we apply this to everyone and everything around us – patients, physicians, our communities, and our environment. This drives our decisions, and allows us to work with a collaborative spirit and an unbounded enthusiasm to do the right thing for our patients and for each other.
We strongly believe that our unique approach to medicine can impact the future of health care. The work that we do, in service of one patient, has the potential to change countless lives. Our focus on populations and care in the communities that we serve have made us an industry leader throughout the nation.
This is medicine we believe in. This is Permanente Medicine.
Kaiser Permanente has a long history committed to Diversity and Inclusion.
Kaiser Permanente had one of the first racially integrated hospitals back in the 1940s. Today, we have one of the most diverse board of directors anywhere, and a group of physicians that is becoming more diverse each year.
In 2017, Kaiser Permanente ranked second on Diversity Inc. Magazine’s Top 50 companies for diversity.
To better serve our diverse patient population, Kaiser Permanente:
- Has established Centers of Excellence in delivering Culturally Competent Care for the Latino, Chinese, African American, Armenian, Vietnamese and LGBT communities.
- Is committed to closing care gaps and providing culturally responsive care. We have achieved measurable success in addressing higher rates of hypertension among our African American members.
- Provides a language concordance program that matches limited English proficient patients with physicians who are fluent in the languages they speak, and offers real time translation services to patients if they need it.
- Encourages physicians to learn another language through sponsoring educational programs and offering financial incentives to do so.
We promote diversity at our medical group by:
- Offering scholarships that reward medical students for their devotion to advancing culturally responsive care in Southern California.
- Sponsoring mentoring programs like our Hippocrates Circle program, where our physicians mentor and motivate under-represented students interested in a career in medicine.
- Actively recruiting diverse bicultural and bilingual physician candidates as well as medical staff.
There’s a reason that Southern California is one of the most popular vacation destinations in the nation: our climate, scenery, and attractions are some of the most famous in the world. Here, you can laze along the shores of the Pacific Ocean, relax in a desert paradise or hike up a secluded mountain trail—all in the same day. And our cultural, arts, and entertainment options are equally exceptional. In short, whatever you love to do, chances are you can do it in Southern California 365 days a year.
Whether you prefer the laid-back suburban lifestyle, the rustic charm of pastoral living, the excitement of city life or the serene landscape of the desert, The Southern California Permanente Medical Group has a destination that’s ideal for you. Join Kaiser Permanente and discover its many hospital locations along the coast of Southern California, from Bakersfield to Los Angeles to San Diego. Kaiser Permanente is your opportunity to work, live, & play in sunny SoCal. To find out more about a specific medical center or for help in figuring out which location fits your needs, contact our team of recruiters today.
By pursuing new breakthroughs, promoting proactive care, and employing innovative technologies, we’re giving our physicians the tools they need to create a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our professionals enjoy working in a progressive environment that encourages cross-specialty collaboration, professional autonomy, and work-life balance.
At Kaiser Permanente we provide a patient-centered work environment that supports the healer in all of us. Through our integrated health care model that puts the patient at the heart of everything we do, we encourage our physicians to be attentive, take the time to listen, and empathize.
The Permanente Medical Groups (PMGs) are self-governed, physician-led, prepaid, multispecialty medical groups composed of more than 23,000 physicians. We’re dedicated to the mission of improving the health of our patients and communities. Together with the Kaiser Foundation Health Plans and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, we are Kaiser Permanente – an award-winning health care system that delivers Permanente Medicine to more than 12.5 million Kaiser Permanente members.
The PMGs work collaboratively, enabled by state-of-the-art technology, to provide preventive and world-class complex care in eight states – from Hawaii to Maryland – and the District of Columbia.
Back to Top
IM Internal Medicine General - Los Angeles - Per Diem
Los Angeles, California
Family Medicine - Woodland Hills - Per Diem
Allergist - Antelope Valley - Per Diem
Urologist (Transgender Reconstructive) - West Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
Psychiatrist Adult - Downey - Per Diem
Family Medicine - Woodland Hills - Per Diem
Porter Ranch, California
Internal Medicine (Outpatient) - San Diego
La Mesa, California
Vascular Neurologist - San Bernardino County
Gastroenterologist - South Bay
Harbor City, California
Psychiatrist Child - Kern County
Radiologist - San Bernardino County
Podiatrist Surgical / Part Time - San Bernardino County
Set up a Job Alert
to be notified when Southern California Permanente Medical Group posts new jobs.