Business Development Navigator II- AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET, Orlando, 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Reporting to the Business Development Manager II, the Business Development Navigator II serves a key role in generating leads and opportunities for the Business Development Department and AdventHealth stakeholders including AHRI operational and services teams as well as AH physicians, AH Institutes, AH marketing, AH communications, AH partnerships and other AH teams. The Business Development Navigator II’s primary duty is to identify potential global drug development targets, conduct research into their respective development pipelines, identify the appropriate contacts and work with the Business Development Manager and Account Executives to manage campaign (Salesforce and outreach), marketing/content, and pipeline events. The Business Development Navigator II will do a thorough review of the sponsor’s profile, clinical trial analysis, and pipeline to qualify leads for different therapeutic areas, and connect potential prospects to BD managers and Account Executives.
The Business Development Navigator II will leverage business intelligence tools to generate leads from relevant sponsors for each disease area, including disease landscape analysis and listings of top companies for each therapeutic area. The Business Development Navigator II will plan and execute special events, symposiums, seminars with the Business Development team and AHRI Leadership.
Facilitates a high level of training, education, communication and relationships, building trust in the AHRI BD process and handbook. The position requires the ability to persuade and build confidence. Fosters internal meetings and training and educational programs. Maintain high standards for revenue growth, lead generation through leveraging existing/latent relationships of physicians, scientists and staff. Support standards identified in the BD handbook.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage, build, execute, & optimize campaigns within Salesforce
· Develop and contribute to business development strategy based on specific goals and KPIs
· Communicate performance results and strategy recommendations to management
· Identify and maximize new opportunities for client growth
· Ability to think creatively to develop innovative tactics and strategies that drive results
· Follow industry trends, drive innovation, and contribute to training
· Contact new prospects by phone/email to qualify their projects with AdventHealth and partners
· Manage the business process from prospecting to setting the appointment. Build and maintain an accurate and robust pipeline
· Contact potential clients to establish rapport and schedule meetings for the team
· Provide strong business development support and coordination with marketing
· Prioritize competing day to day activities to ensure that all target KPI's and management objectives are met
· Lead all efforts related to identifying new clinical trial leads
· Scope, organize and maintain information technology (IT) databases related to lead generation, including Salesforce CRM
· Track, report and suggest changes based on contact feedback
· Enters and maintains the status of all activities and leads
· Work with internal resources to develop strategic plans to grow business
· Communicate professionally by phone and writing
· Build and maintain strong relationships and establish trust as the “navigator” for both intra-departmental (within AHRI units) and inter-departmental (external to AHRI, internal to AH)
· Maintain high standards for revenue growth, lead generation through leveraging existing/latent relationships of physicians, scientists and staff.
· Implement the AHRI BD handbook for transitions and hand-offs of contacts from physicians and entry points to the BD teams, as well as from BD teams to operational and services teams for execution
· Coordinate networking events and meetings, and related activities with the goal to create greater connectedness and inter-department coordination
· Support progression of ideas and opportunities of physicians to BD lead generation processes
· Enable the transition of legacy relationships of AHRI operational staff to AHRI BD structures and processes
· Support relationships with business development-oriented points of contact throughout all AdventHealth, including the AH Institutes, AH Networks, AH Managed Care, etc.
· Track progress and hand-offs with AHRI client relationship management tools
· Organize meetings, calendars, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and other activities
· Provide support to marketing for various projects connected directly to business development team and networks
· Attention to detail that ensures follow through on all initiatives implemented, and all projects undertaken
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (science, healthcare, medical or related)
· Three years’ experience in business development, sales, consultation or equivalent role.
· Two years’ experience in research, healthcare or related field.
· Two years’ experience with client relationship management, lead generation, process/project management or related field.
· Experience with Client Relationship Management (CRM) software, e.g. Salesforce
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Master’s degree from an accredited university in a related field
· Change Manager Certification
· Microsoft Teams, Zoom, WebEx, Skype or related virtual meeting and training tools
· Five years’ experience in business development, sales, consultation or equivalent role.
· Five years’ experience in research, healthcare or related field.
· Five years’ experience with client relationship management, lead generation, process/project management or related field.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Salesforce Administrator, client management or related certification, or relevant experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.