Location: Warwick, New York
Admin / Clerical
The Department Management Secretary assists the Director and all managers and staff.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, travel for management team as directed.
- Records and transcribes minutes of various meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings to include establishing of date and time, arranging for meeting place and meal to be served, sending of reminder notices, gathering of hand-out materials, transcription of minutes and distribution.
- Opens, dates, and routes incoming mail; distributes correspondence and other material.
- Answers incoming telephone lines in a professional manner; appropriately route calls, receive and relay information, take messages.
- Maintains comprehensive filing system for correspondence, records, and administrative data with appropriate indexing so that documents may be easily retrieved.
- Purges files of outdated materials and maintains stock of paper, brochures, and forms.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Transcribes and types letters, booklets, memos, telephone roster, newsletters, forms, and other correspondence as assigned.
- Organizes time and priorities appropriately so as to meet assigned or established deadlines.
- Review processes for efficiency on a regular basis.
- Maintains and orders supplies for office.
Prior secretarial / administrative support experience in a health care setting preferred
A high school diploma or equivalency is required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey's Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.