Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
Nemours is seeking a Medical Equipment Planner to join our Nemours Children's Health team in Wilmington, DE.
Medical Equipment Planner position provides expertise in planning and specifying of medical equipment for projects for inpatient and outpatient healthcare facilities. The position identifies, evaluates, and recommends equipment to be purchased for large and small renovation projects and new healthcare facilities.
- Researches emerging technology trends and develops relationships with vendors to remain current with latest technologies.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends equipment to be purchased for large and small renovation projects and new healthcare facilities.
- Assesses condition of existing equipment and makes recommendations of re-use vs. replacement with respect to age, condition and compliance with equipment standards.
- Conducts user group meetings to determine and verify medical equipment needs.
- Develops and coordinates deliverables to include, but not limited to, medical equipment lists and drawings; equipment plans, specifications, and utility schedules; equipment budget and lead times.
- Works with architectural, engineering, and technology consultants and contractors to review project drawings, identify and note design/equipment conflicts and work to resolve
- Develop and manage schedule for procurement and installation.
- Work with Purchasing and Project Manager to procure equipment
- Updates Equipment Budget regularly as costs are confirmed and provides to Project Manager; manages to approved budget; escalates changes and projected budget overruns in timely manner
- Manages the delivery and installation of equipment for projects; coordinates with Project Manager and attends the construction meetings to understand progress and orders equipment to meet schedule.
- Effectively communicates equipment planning information to all project stakeholders to allow for successful project execution and completion
- Supports multiple projects simultaneously, engaging and managing equipment planning consultants as needed and approved to balance workload
- Identifies and presents various equipment options and advantages/disadvantages to meet clinical needs
- Coordinates with vendors to ensure on-time delivery of purchased equipment
- Facilitates any required inspections, start-up or training
- Ensures the resolution of any installation issues
- Manages equipment planning for non-medical equipment such as, but not limited to, bathroom accessories, minor appliances, misc. office equipment, etc.
- Warranty Administration for new equipment
- Works with Clinical Engineering Department to arrange decommissioning of major medical equipment
- Determine whether decommissioned medical equipment is suitable for reuse and storage protocol.
- Assists with equipment inventory management as it relates to projects
- Implements Continuous Improvement activities to identify lessons learned and adjust process
- Participate in staff meetings, committees, projects and teams in a collaborative manner to meet institutional goals;
- Participate in learning and education as required to stay up to date with latest trends in healthcare equipment design and construction management, continuous improvement, and other Nemours requirements;
- The position's normal work schedule is Monday through Friday in-person on day shift, however the position may be called upon to work various shifts and days, as assigned or required.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in equipment planning and design in a healthcare facility or similar facilities required; Clinical background a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Health Sciences, or related field desired; significant equipment planning experience may be considered in place of a Bachelor's degree
- Solid knowledge of hospital construction and healthcare equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety issues surrounding medical equipment.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Experienced and proficient with a wide range of computer programs, including CAD, REVIT, spreadsheets, project management and scheduling software and equipment planning software; Attainia or 4Tower experience preferred.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and success in dealing with clinical teams and high-level administration.
- Proven ability in developing and maintaining relationships with management, peers and subordinates and skilled in resolving conflicts and gaining cooperation with others.
- Proven experience in planning, organizing, administering, coordinating, reviewing, evaluating and personally participating effectively in the management of equipment design, procurement, and installation in healthcare construction projects.
- Skilled in effectively and professionally representing the department in a positive manner. Skilled in working in and creating a team atmosphere.
- Must have knowledge of various codes, procedures, etc., that apply to hospitals such as NFPA 99, Facility Guidelines for the Construction of Hospitals and Outpatient Facilities, NFPA 101, etc.