Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position is accountable to deliver accurate radiation therapy treatments to Mary Washington Hospital Radiation Oncology (MWHRO), Stafford Hospital Radiation Oncology (SHRO) and Regional Cancer at Montross (RCCM) patients in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist's prescription and instructions, and to assist the Radiation Oncologist in all simulation and treatment planning functions as required.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Administers radiation treatments to patients per Radiation Oncologist's orders, with minimal supervision, to provide quality patient care.
- Provides thorough and accurate documentation of set-up instructions and treatment parameters and records each day's treatments in ARIA.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Improvement Program and adheres to departmental policies and procedures to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care.
- Performs all treatment related activities including patient transport, scheduling, record keeping, charge capture, chart checks, portal verification, and equipment warm-up/QA checks, as required.
- Performs CT simulations of patients and treatment planning functions.
- This includes, but is not limited to obtaining measurements, performing calculations, constructing shielding and treatment devices to facilitate safe, effective treatment of patients.
- Assists physician and physicist with ACCUBOOST brachytherapy treatment delivery.
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies and materials to ensure stock is never exhausted; keeps assigned area fully stocked with clean, fresh supplies.
- Maintains neat and clean work space while observing proper safety precautions and disposing of infectious or hazardous materials in a way that ensures compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Adheres to radiation safety practices for patients, personnel, and self, including shielding when appropriate.
- Reports equipment malfunctions and/or erratic operations to Lead Radiation Therapist or Physicist immediately.
- Responsible for clinical instruction of Radiology Students from MWH School of Radiologic Technology Program and VCU Radiation Therapy Students.
- Collaborate with Leadership to assure daily staffing levels are sufficient to meet the technical operations.
- Assists with data collection for infection control, and performance/quality improvement activities.
- Report findings to Leadership for submission to appropriate committee i.e. Hospital Infection Control, Regulatory, or CQI Committee. Coordinates Capital Asset management by managing equipment maintenance.
- Assures safety compliance by having safety huddles, review of Emergency Preparedness Manual and perform department fire drill once per quarter.
- Report any safety concerns to MWH safety and report to department Leadership.
- Tracks all treatment related incidences and reports incidences to physician/physicist/Leadership.
- Reviews all technical policies and procedures on an annual basis and presents proposed changes to Leadership.
- Assess the effectiveness and competency of Radiation Therapist using orientation and skills validation tools.
- Performs annual reviews on Radiation Therapists and provides input for annual review of other staff in the facility in which they work.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Radiation Therapy Technology program.
- Registered with the ARRT or equivalent certifying organization or board eligible.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- One to two year's relevant clinical experience preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.