$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Challenge can often be its own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, every day. Here at Optum Infusion Pharmacy, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. And here's where you come in.
As a Senior Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible for following USP 797/800 guidelines and proper aseptic technique to make sterile compounded medication under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist. The compounding technician is also responsible for maintaining a clean and highly organized workspace.
- Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders
- Resolve customer issues while ensuring accurate information is provided
- Compound IV Medications in a clean room environment by following USP 797/800 guidelines for sterile compounding
- Maintain pharmacy clean room in a clean, organized manner according to SOPs
- Familiarity with and adherence to all Standard Operating Procedures related to the preparation of sterile products
- Responsible for clean room environment and daily / weekly / monthly cleaning of room and equipment according to SOPs
- Demonstrate the ability to understand variable compounding modalities and to work independently but understand the need to consult with the pharmacist if questions arise
- Assist pharmacists with any assigned tasks
- Engage in professional communication with the supervisors, supply chain, pharmacists, manager, quality, and/or General Manager
- Ability to communicate professionally and collaborate with Quality and Compliance departments as needed for meetings, change controls, procedural updates, or suggestions for process improvements
- Other duties, as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration as required by Texas
- 3+ years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- 2+ years of pharmacy related experience (includes retail pharmacy experience)
- Intermediate experience with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Sterile Compounding Certification obtained through completion of a single course, a minimum of 40 hours of instruction.
- National Pharmacy Technician certification (PTCB)
- 1+ years of previous IV Compounding experience
- Home infusion experience
- Hospital experience
- CPR+ experience
- Simplifi 797 Experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign-on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
# RPO # RED