$7,500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
As a Long-term Care Optum Registered Nurse you will function as part of the primary care team, and report to the Clinical Services Manager (CSM). This role works in close collaboration with all of the interdisciplinary team members, and may support multiple providers. The Senior Case Manager is a flexible team member who works under the direction of the Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) and activities are delegated to the Senior Case Manager by the APC or the team Clinical Services Manager (CSM).
- Assist the provider / team with various care coordination activities in the nursing home
- Assist the provider / team with benefit determination associated with Medicare part A, part B, and part D benefits
- Responsible for collaborating with the primary APC and nursing facility to identify and respond to patient Change in Condition
- May assist the provider by completing DSTs, re - assessing the patient, and other activities as delegated by the provider or the CSM
- Assist the provider / team with therapy coordination for members including possible assessments or follow up on requests and communicate and collaborate with APC
- May perform interval check in on patient progress with therapy department
- May participate in facility based therapy discussion meetings
- Schedule and participate in family conferences, team meetings, and team case presentations
- May assist in the coordination of training, tracking and compliance with quality measures
- May participate in the onboarding of new clinical staff under the direction of the CSM Manager which could include coordination of onboarding activities, and participation in other orientation activities
- Participate in facility partnership or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) meetings under the direction of the APC / CSM
- May assist in coordinating CRM meetings, and may participate in and contribute to the meetings
- May assist the team in tracking LearnSource completion for the team members and CSM
- Assist in creating and conduct in - services for selected audiences
- Will document information and activities in the EMR
- May assist Providers in assuring complete and accurate documentation and coding, medication reconciliation, nursing rounds, assessment and patient documentation.
- Assist the team / providers in prioritizing advance Care Planning and initiating discussions
- Collaborates with all key stakeholders; providers, nursing homes, PCPs, families, interdisciplinary care teams and any other identified stakeholders
- Review the chart and enter HEDIS / Quality information into the EMR, communicate gaps to the Provider
- May write verbal orders from Provider in the chart in compliance with the state RN practice laws, and in compliance with individual nursing facility practices
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse license in the state of New York
- 1+ years of experience in post - acute care, such as long term care
- 1+ years of experience working with the geriatric population
- 1+ years of experience with using an Electronic Medical Record
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelors degree
- Experience conducting in - services
- Familiarity with Medicare part A, part B, and part D benefits
- Familiarity with the long term care business environment
- Basic Microsoft Office skills with the ability to navigate in a Window's environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
New York City Residents Only: The salary range for New York City residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.