Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0019848
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The M Health Fairview Mental Health and Addiction Care Service Line is seeking a Service Line Chief. In collaboration with the service line executive and medical director leadership, the Service Line Chief is responsible for implementation of the strategic plan for the Mental Health and Addiction Care Service Line.
This position will be responsible to ensure the delivery of consistently high levels of quality care and service that meets and/or exceeds clinical expectations and patient satisfaction. Assures the coordination, direction, and collaboration of services and resources related to the discipline as well as achieving productivity, financial and operational goals. Supports the mission and strategic direction for the service line in conjunction with the key stakeholders, including other service lines and domains.
The role will also provide input regarding growth and quality strategy for the service line as a whole. The Service Line Chief will also be responsible for participation at intermittent meetings with the SL, and to update leadership with current potential concerns that effect culture, group and/or individual behavior and productivity.
- Lead, in partnership with the Service Line Executive, the Mental Health and Addiction Care Service Line efforts in establishing, supporting and/or measuring performance dimension metrics across the Joint Clinical Enterprise.
- Mentor and Supervise providers employed in the MHealth Fairview system.
- Attend all Service Line meetings, including Steering Committee and quality meetings, as necessary to fulfill job and leadership obligations. These meetings may fall during clinic or outside of clinic.
- Be accountable for growth and strategy in the Service Line. Partner with all medical and administrative leaders in the Service Line and across the system to ensure high value patient care and experience.
- Performs other duties including Performance Goals developed by manager and employee and reported in the employee's Performance Review as part of UMPhysicians' Performance Management tools. Maintains core/universal competencies and completes any new required learnings. Demonstrates all critical competencies and new required learnings.
Commitment to Patient Centered Care:
- Always puts patient/customer needs first.
- Demonstrates awareness of different patient/customer needs and desires, and adjusts approach to provide care, including those related to cultural orientation, race, primary language, age, size, gender, gender identity, physical capability, sexual orientation, spiritual belief, change in scope/complexity of patients, etc..
- Helps improve processes to meet customer/patient needs and desires.
- Respects confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Knowledge of different cultural group's needs and desires.
- Customer service knowledge and skills.
- Ability to use appropriate resources.
- Knowledge of confidentiality policy
- Ability to modify interventions/ education based on population served.
- Ability to recognize communication barriers and seek assistance to minimize communication barriers.
Follows and Supports Code of Conduct:
- Supports UMPhysicians' values of Service, Innovation and Respect.
- Contributes to an ethical work environment by demonstrating respect for the law and for each other.
- Maintains a welcoming work environment that is physically and emotionally safe and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Reports illegal or unethical conduct or suspected violations of UMPhysicians policy or Code of Conduct.
- Models integrity in patient care, business and regulatory compliance.
- Maintains the integrity and strict confidentiality of patient records and UMPhysicians business information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Knowledgeable of corporate Code of Conduct
- Keeps updated on HIPAA and other required training.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Ability to provide a safe, secure environment for patients/customers.
Commitment to Operational Excellence:
- Understands and supports mission and vision of UMPhysicians.
- Promotes positive work environment and employee recognition.
- Demonstrates interpersonal values of compassion, respect, teamwork and diversity.
- Demonstrates pursuit of innovation and excellence using inquiry and mentorship.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Knowledge of UMPhysicians mission, vision and values.
- Process improvement skills
- Takes step to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Positively engage peers and employees.
- Completes available training and maintains certifications
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME residency and/or fellowship-training program.
- Board eligible/certified in specialty
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- 3 or more years leadership experience in UMP, University of Minnesota, or Fairview including project management, collaborative decision-making, knowledge of healthcare and process skills. Experience leading physicians or multi-disciplinary teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- An academic background in teaching and research.
Additional Application Requirements:
In addition to standard application materials including CV, please also include a supplemental attachment that answers the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this role?
- What experience or qualifications do you bring to this role?
- What does success look like in the is role 1-2 years from now?
Supplemental questions should be submitted by uploading responses as a second document in the Resume/CV field on the "My Experience" page of the online application. After uploading your CV, clicking "Upload" will allow for the attachment of additional documents.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
M Health Fairview is one of the largest providers of mental health and addiction care health services in the Upper Midwest. We offer a wide range of adult and child/adolescent services that includes: inpatient, behavioral emergency center, partial hospitalization, outpatient clinics, counseling centers, chemical dependency programs, and day treatment programs. In addition, our psychiatrists have access to consultation, collaborative management or referral with University of Minnesota Department of Psychiatry, Fairview Health Services, University of Minnesota Physicians and Behavioral Healthcare Providers.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health professionals.
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences has an extensive portfolio of ongoing studies with opportunities for collaboration, including studies involving neuroimaging, neuromodulation, cognitive training, and psychotherapy.
Join an active and growing department of 72 highly collaborative and engaged faculty members. The University of Minnesota recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusive excellence in enriching the experience of its employees and in supporting the academic and clinical missions, and is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.