Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care ??? and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you. ??
We are proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as an ANCC Magnet Hospital for the third time! We are an Academic Medical teaching facility, Level 1 Trauma Center, and Designated Stroke Center.?? Ranked Among the Nation???s Best Hospitals for:?? Geriatrics, Nephrology, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Urology according to??US News & World Report Ranking.
Our surgical team manages??over 1300 cases per month with 20 Operating Room Suites, including 2 Hybrid Rooms, 2 DaVinci Robots, and MIS rooms. ??Our specialties include, and are not limited to,??General, ENT, Plastics, CF, Ortho, Neuro, Robotics, Gyn, Urology, Ophthalmology vascular, transplants, TAVR???s, hearts, and NICU.
Employment Type: Fulltime
Hours per Week: 40HRS
Shift: Evening 1:00PM to 9:30PM
Schedule: Monday - Friday
On Call: Yes
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center excels in providing extraordinary health care to residents of the northwest Valley of metro Phoenix and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. With 390 licensed beds, the hospital provides a wide range of services, including acute medical and surgical services as well as intensive care, emergency and urgent care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, neurology, orthopedics, oncology, urology, pulmonary, obstetrics and gynecology, extended care, outpatient diagnostic services, acute and outpatient rehabilitation and adult behavioral services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supports leadership while performing as an integral part of OR team with additional job requirements??and limited supervision. Demonstrates accountability for operating room readiness ensuring sterile surgical instrumentation and disposable supplies are complete and ready for a procedure prior to the preceding patient leaving the operating room. Responsible for the proper care and handling of all general and specialty instrumentation including the cleaning, decontamination, disassemble/reassembly, quality assurance, instrument identification, set assembly, packaging, sterilization, and distribution of surgical instrumentation for PeriOp Services, hospital departments, and clinics.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performsall duties as a departmentaltechnician. In addition to assigned areas related to a specific service line or associated area with PeriOp/CSPD.
2. Applies judgment in determining the priority level of instrumentation and equipment requests for a specific specialty service line or shift. Recommends scheduling of procedures based on equipment and instrument needs to ensure effective patient flow.
3. Coordinates with department staff in assuring service line priorities are met and completed in a timely manner.
4. Possesses in-depth knowledge of service line/shift and precepts new employees at all levels regarding service line with respect to specific issues, troubleshooting and training to include Competency Achievement Plan signoff
5. Oversees assigned service line in a competent and professional manner. Investigates, proposes solutions, follows through with issues from various department staff such as sterile processing, OR, core support and hospital supported areas toensure safeeffectivepatientcare.Confirmsproblem resolution and reports to leadership all related staff and service issues.
6.Responsible for reviewing current and future OR schedules, projects future equipment and instrument needs while ensuring instrumentswill be processed and ready to meet the daily OR schedule.
7. Inventories instrumentation and trays for service line and orders appropriate replacements or additional depending on usage. Collaborates with OR Manager on the number of tray/sets and instruments needed, making recommendations to inventory levels to meet changing demands.
8. Incumbent assists the Operating Room and other areas in the procurement of medical supplies, instruments, and sterile processing issues. Internal customers are other company staff, physicians, patients, visitors, managers, and executives. External customers are vendors, patients, visitors, other facilities, and non-company medical facilities.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires national certification as a SPD Technician, Certified Registered Central Service Technician.
Requires proficiency level typically acquired with two years of sterile processing experience including knowledge of surgical instrumentation, patient related supplies, materials and equipment, aseptic and sterilization techniques. Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble. Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble, problem solve incomplete trays and missing instrumentation, Must have effective organizational, communication and human relation skills as the incumbent will be coordinating several projects simultaneously and working closely with all levels of staff.
Previous leadership experience and computer skills are preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.