Health Infromation Management Technician- Primary Care Clinic
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Admin / Clerical
Internal Number: 9733201
The HIM Technician - Identity Specialist position shall be responsible for combining duplicate medical record numbers and managing patient overlays within the enterprise master patient index. They will be responsible for prioritizing and managing duplicate/identity work Ques. This position will maintain accuracy and integrity of the Master Patient Index. This position will coordinate with internal and external cross-functional teams to address any patient identity concerns within the systems EMPI to maintain patient safety.
· Associates or bachelor's degree in Health Information Management or a related field preferred
· Two years of college, enrolled in RHIT program, or HIM certificate program, or equivalent work experience
· Epic / Meditech training preferred
· participate in KPI /Quality programs
· Minimum three years HIM experience within an Acute Care Hospital setting or MPI experience
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.