We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: PRN Days, 7am – 7pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
Communicates effectively through use of talking and listening
Maintains mental and emotional stability, using a courteous and calm approach in all contacts with patients, visitors, and health care team members
ï‚§ Assists in and documents the delivery of patient care by performing specific patient care tasks as directed by the RN. These tasks may include (but are not limited to):
a. Provides direct observation to 1-2 patients while performing the sitter role.
b. Hygienic care - bathing, dressing, and grooming; demonstrating these skills as necessary.
c. Feeds patient needing assistance or encouragement.
d. Familiarizing patient with environment.
e. Repositioning the patient as appropriate.
f. Assist with other activities of daily living.
• Maintains and reports pertinent observations which may include (but not limited to) the following:
a. Notifies RN that a specimen is ready for collection.
b. Change in patient behavior or symptoms.
c. Completes Precaution Monitoring - (Baker Act/Marchman Act).
• Assists with the continuity of patient care by maintaining a harmonious working relationship with and acting as a liaison between
patient, family, and health care team members. This includes:
ï‚§ Displaying a caring and courteous attitude.
ï‚§ Maintaining patient confidentiality.
ï‚§ Refusing to participate in unethical procedures.
ï‚§ Responding immediately to patient needs.
ï‚§ Coordinating break times with other care team members.
• Communicates with health care team members and reports the following to the RN:
ï‚§ Changes in behavior or symptoms.
ï‚§ Any patient requests, complaints, needs or problems.
ï‚§ Potential risks to the patient or others.
ï‚§ Consults with RN to develop and modify the plan of care.
• Maintains a safe patient environment by:
ï‚§ Practicing principles of Body Substance Isolation and Infection Prevention.
ï‚§ Assists patient as necessary to prevent injury.
ï‚§ Identifies need to provide distraction activities and as directed.
ï‚§ Maintains patients' restrictions to assigned areas.
ï‚§ Straightening the patient room.
ï‚§ Cleaning the bedside and over-bed tables.
ï‚§ Emptying trash as necessary during shift.
• Recognizes potential safety hazards including malfunctioning equipment and intervenes appropriately:
• Accompanies and remains with patient to and from nursing units, providing continuous observation as directed
• Documents all care provided and reasons for not providing care. Reports changes in patient's condition and recognizes emergencies
• Adheres to agency policies and procedures. Attends mandatory meetings, training sessions, in-services and team meetings. Meets
productivity and completes all required education by the due date.
• Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit\
What You Will Need:
High School Grad or Equiv 0 years experience
• Ability to communicate appropriately professionally and effectively with patients and their family, hospital staff, nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the health care industry
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
Under supervision of a professional nurse, Observation Aide provides continual observation to one or two patients, and assists the nursing staff in providing a clean, safe environment for the patient. This may include performing specific duties and activities of daily living in caring for adult, adolescent, and pediatric patients. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. Adheres to confidential information that is defined by requirements of the law and hospital personnel who are expected to obey strict ethical standards in keeping it secure. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.