Join Banner Health's Facilities Services Department which has state of the art, work order and accreditation tracking software packages. Banner Health Facilities Services team is benchmarked against the best in the nation with best practices used in all areas of facilities management to continually move our department forward for the safety and comfort of our patients.
Seeking a Facilities Operations Sr Manager for our Banner Del Webb Medical Center in Sun City, Arizona . An ideal candidate will have working knowledge of construction materials and methods, and industry best practices. You will be responsible for the development and management of facilities employees in the divisions of Maintenance, Construction, Paint, Landscape, Plumbing, Water Treatment, HVAC and Electrical. Critical aspects of this role will need a leader who promotes and ensures a safe working environment, analyzes and provides written reports of maintenance trends, assures assigned projects are completed in a timely manner, within budget and with proper regard for safety, and regulatory compliance and operational performance. We look forward to you joining our Banner Health Facilities Team!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans, organizes, and coordinates the activities of the facilities services staff. This position is typically responsible for the operations of a small to medium campus facility that include infrastructure, utilities, maintenance operations and capital projects. This position is responsible for the daily management of multiple exempt and non-exempt staff.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the staff. This position is also accountable for participating in the development and implementation of goals and objectives. Ensures all goals and objectives are met timely and effectively. Maintains appropriate staffing levels, use of overtime and meets productivity goals. Works to assure compliance with ongoing continuing education requirements for self and staff.
2. Develops, plans, prioritizes and directs overall department work assignments to supervisor(s), foremen and department staff members. Provides leadership and directs the work of all department staff. Acts as a role model, teaches and mentors staff in appropriate, efficient department operations.
3. Ensures the safe, efficient and effective operation of department related services. Manages the department to keep within budget. Directs and oversees department personnel on departmental budgetary development, planning and management for budgetary control, cost projections, and feasibility for all related activities and projects. Manages and oversees the daily work activities of the department. Directs, guides and mentors department supervisor(s), foremen and support staff in the performance of their duties.
4. Ensures and documents regulatory compliance, work standards, codes and safety regulations. Develops and implements protocols for compliance of all areas of responsibility including, but not limited to infrastructure, utility management, life safety, maintenance, and code compliance with all authorities having jurisdiction.
5. Interacts and collaborates extensively with system and facility senior leadership, medical staff and facility department managers with the implementation of system, facility and departmental initiatives, needs and goals. Leads and implements initiatives related to system, facility and department strategic initiatives, needs and goals.
6. Identifies, develops and implements protocols, policy and procedure as well as measurement tools that monitor the effectiveness of initiatives, regulatory compliance, patient satisfaction, patient safety and department management plans.
7. This experienced leadership position works independently. Develops and implements protocols for compliance of all areas of responsibility including, but not limited to infrastructure, utilities management, life safety, maintenance, and code compliance using sound independent decision making. This position ensures the overall operational integrity of the facility. Ability to respond to rapidly changing and escalating emergent situations with the ability to lead, give direction and resolve complex situations quickly and provide sound decision making in a fast paced environment. This position supports senior leadership decisions that impact an entire facility including ramifications and outcomes of those decisions. The span of control is dependent on the situation and ranges from a single department to an entire facility. This position supports the departmental operational and capital budgetary responsibilities. Typical budgetary responsibilities range from $1M - $5M annually. Interacts with facility leaders, administrative staff, architects, contractors, vendors and other outside consultants and regulatory agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires the knowledge and skills normally demonstrated by a Bachelor's degree in facility management or equivalent education and/or experience.
Some facilities or departments, depending on business need, may require proof of a valid driver's license and eligibility for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must demonstrate a strong working knowledge and background in facilities services/management, including 2 to 4 years leading and/or managing activities for an assigned department. This includes proven experience managing projects, including performing reporting and budgeting activities. Ability to read and interpret blue prints, specifications and related contract regulatory documents. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of building codes, materials and standards. Must have strong mathematical abilities to analyze, evaluate and compute costs, budgets and schedules. Works independently leading and managing department operations in conjunction with established goals and standards. Must possess strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. Requires leadership skills with ability to lead, communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and other related software programs.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R5598
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.