Job Summary : Performs duties involving the cleaning of all Boys Town National Research clinical and non-clinical departments located on the East and West Hospital Campuses. The Floor Care Technician is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all floors and carpets throughout the hospital, clinics, and Residential Treatment Center.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 5pm-1:30am
* Performs cleaning and maintenance of all floors and carpets in a timely manner.
* Cleans emergency spills as requested in a timely manner.
* Utilizes hospital approved chemicals according to manufacture directions for use.
* Utilizes and maintains equipment properly, according to manufacture directions for use.
* Exhibits good customer service with providers, employees, patients and visitors.
* Takes appropriate precautions using Infection Control practices.
* Reports safety concerns when identified, i.e. tripping hazards, equipment malfunction, environmental concerns, etc.
* Flexible hours or travel between BTNRH locations and departments.
* Ability to handle stress of multi-tasking in high volume situations.
* Ability to communicate and maintain a satisfactory and harmonious working relationship with all levels of leadership, staff, public, and other consumers in a courteous and tactful manner.
Required Qualifications :
* High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred
* Minimum of 2 years floor care experience required (strip/waxing, buffing, burning, and knowledge of battery-operated floor care equipment)
* Minimum of 5 years of cleaning experience required
* Comprehensive knowledge of chemicals
* Ability to speak, read, and write basic English
* Some computer skills required
* Ability to use a communication device
* Must be 21 years of age if working in the Residential Treatment Center
About Boys Town : Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted : July 30, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Internal Number: 15811
About Boys Town National Research Hospital
Since the opening of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, the hospital has been internationally recognized as a leader in clinical and research programs focusing on childhood deafness, visual impairment and related communication disorders. We have developed national medical programs that are now instituted in hospitals and clinics across the country.
Today, the hospital offers a broad range of clinical services, including ear, nose and throat services at the Boys Town Ear, Nose and Throat Institute, general pediatric care with Boys Town Pediatrics, and orthopaedic, internal medicine, pediatric gastroenterology, allergy, asthma, pediatric pulmonology, behavioral health, audiological and ophthalmologic care.
The hospital has expanded to offer surgical and clinical services at two Omaha locations: 555 North 30th Street in Omaha and 14000 Hospital Road on the campus of Boys Town, Nebraska.
Boys Town National Research Hospital has assembled national leaders in research who are making important contributions in the areas of genetics, hearing, language, vision and speech disorders. Applying these findings with new technologies, distance learning and the exploration of ne...w research frontiers, the opportunities for new medical diagnoses, evaluation and treatment discoveries are endless.
Accredited by The Joint Commission, Boys Town National Research Hospital is dedicated to providing leading edge clinical care, pioneering translational research and improving the lives of children and their families through applied technology and educational outreach programs. The hospital annually serves more than 40,000 children and families from across the United States.