The Registered Nurse manages, organizes and administers nursing care for patients of all ages under the supervision of the Physician. Compliance with rules and regulations of all applicable federal, state and local laws as well as PMHC policies is a condition of employment.
Incumbent must have the skills, ability and judgment to perform the following essential job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation:
1. Assesses data regarding the patient's physical, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs based upon the patient's age and development, for patients of all ages.
2. Reports and documents all observed symptoms, reactions, and changes in the patient's condition.
3. Utilizes the nursing process to direct and deliver patient care. Develops, implements, revises and evaluates a formal plan of care.
4. Administers medications using the "Five Rights of Medication Administration".
5. Provides and instructs patients and/or their families with educational information appropriate for age and learning abilities.
6. Creates and maintains a comfortable and safe environment for patients, families, and visitors.
7. Organizes and prioritizes daily assignments to provide optimal patient care.
8. Demonstrates competency annually in assigned areas of work.
9. Maintains patient and employee confidentiality at all times.
10. Complies with PMHC Code of Conduct.
1. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska.
2. Current BLS certification.
3. Current ACLS certification.
4. Current NRP certification (for RNs assigned to the Obstetrics Department and/or SCU)
5. Current TNCC certification (for RNs assigned to the Emergency Department and/or SCU)
6. Current PALS certification (for RNs assigned to SCU)
Additional Salary Information: 15% NIGHT DIFFERENTIAL
Internal Number: 251967318
About PHELPS MEMORIAL HEALTH CENTER
Phelps Memorial Health Center is a progressive, 25-bed critical access hospital located in South Central Nebraska. We take pride in our talented team members and our collective efforts to fulfill our mission of providing exceptional quality and compassionate care to our local community.